Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Where is the best place to learn surfing in indonesia

Posted by muhammadjoseph on 4/6/2016 at 03:12

Im from malaysia, interested to learning surfing. Guidance from the professional please.. :)

#1 muhammadjoseph has been a member since 4/6/2016. Posts: 3

Posted by Abi2016 on 5/6/2016 at 02:21

Hi,

Batu Karas on the south coast of Java is an excellent place to learn. You can get cheap lessons, or just rent a board and watch and learn the locals.

I spent a week here and learnt to surf. I think it would be better to learn here than places like Bali because it's not as busy, and the locals are very friendly and supportive, where as I've heard bad things about surfing in Bali (didn't actually surf in Bali myself though).

Also there are some very nice places to stay - I would recommend Sadati Homestay. It is run by a very nice Indonesian-swedish couple, Dadang and Ingrid. Dadang is from Batu Karas and goes surfing most days - he gave me a lesson for free, and took me surfing with him most days smile.gif

#2 Abi2016 has been a member since 5/6/2016. Posts: 3

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 8/6/2016 at 21:04

The best place to learn to surf is beach break and it's not reef break. This 2 different of the place to learn to surf. So it's doesn't matter which islands you go for surf lesson, as long as beach break it will be fine for beginners.
The reef break it's for intermediate level.

Kuta Bali it's the most better place to learn to surf, because its beach break and good deal. if you interest to do surf lesson, you could contact my surf buddy at kuta beach (https://www.facebook.com/lukes.beach.3). contact him if you interest to do surf lesson at Bali

#3 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.