Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Places to stay in Yogjakarta

Posted by Digitarius on 17/6/2016 at 13:48

Hello fellow travelfishers,

Anyone have any info on places to spend 2 nights in Yogjakarta. I was told Alun Alun is where I should look for a decent place to stay. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on that. I wanna keep it around about $50-$60 an night. I did look up a few but wasn't impressed with the reviews. I might visit Bandung also.

#1 Digitarius has been a member since 15/6/2016. Posts: 20
 Send Digitarius a private message   Instagram 

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 18/6/2016 at 21:23

Hello Digitarius, good review hotel that i know is NEO Hotel Malioboro, close to Train Station of Yogyakarta. if you might look for hotel close to Alun Alun the Violet Hotel in option as well.
here the link
Violet Hotel - http://violethotelmalioboro.com/
NOE Hotel - https://www.neohotels.com/en/location/overview/59/Hotel-NEO-Malioboro---Yogyakarta

#2 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71
 Send YogaSearcherBali a private message   Website   Facebook    Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Digitarius on 18/6/2016 at 23:29

Thank you YogaSearcherBali. I looked at those to hotels very nice.

#3 Digitarius has been a member since 15/6/2016. Posts: 20
 Send Digitarius a private message   Instagram 

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 21/6/2016 at 22:26

Another tips while you are in Jogya, have a look at malioboro street before 9pm, all the shop still open beside the left and right side of the main road. You could find many things to see, to buy and to eat at malioboro street, get use to bargain to shop anythings there. Enjoy Jogya

#4 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71
 Send YogaSearcherBali a private message   Website   Facebook    Instagram 

Posted by Bungkus on 23/6/2016 at 09:15 TF writer

Hope I'm not too late... Another good newcomer is Green Host in Parwirotaman II, not far from the Alun Alun Selatan. Make sure you go to the Alun Alun Selatan in the evening and play the traditional blindfold game and try to walk between the two trees. Enjoy Jogya, great city!

#5 Bungkus has been a member since 28/8/2015. Posts: 16
 Where has Bungkus been? 

Posted by PM on 3/7/2016 at 07:41

We stayed in the Phoenix hotel in Jogya which was just wonderfull. It can be a bit more expensive, but depending on availability there can be some great deals (I believe we paid about EUR 60 per night). Have a nice trip!

#6 PM has been a member since 3/7/2016. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.