Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

23 day itinerary

Posted by globetrotter19 on 3/7/2016 at 19:06

Hi there,

I am in my early 30s and will be travelling to Bali solo very soon for 23 days.

I have a rough itinerary planned. I was planning on spending the first four days in the Seminyak/Kuta/Legian area, five days Ubud/Gunung Kawai/Munduck. Three nights on Gili islands.

Since reading about Indonesia I really want to explore a bit of Java, although I am a bit anxious about exploring this area solo. I was thinking of spending 10 days in Java then fly back to Bali to get my international flight back.

I am just looking for feedback on whether my itinerary is feasible? Am I trying to fit in too much? Shall I just stick to Bali for the whole time?

Also any advice on places to stay to increase chances of meeting other travellers would be great.

Thanks.

#1 globetrotter19 has been a member since 30/6/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 3/7/2016 at 22:03

Hey globetrotter19, here the best suggest of your holiday plan

4 days in Kuta/Seminyak area, it's good enough and make daily trip to south Bali such as padang padang beach, uluwatu temple and uluwatu surf spot (single fin), make dailiy trip to canggu area, it's very recommended.
5days in Ubud, if you are yoga person longer it's better to stay here, if you aren't make a less it's better. while you are here you could visit Tegallalang Rice Terrace and Batur Mountain.

After 3 nights in Gili Islands, you just very close to Lombok island, spend time in south lombok (kuta area) for few nights it would be nice experiences, beside Lombok has such beautiful nature and plenty of white sand beach.

Take direct flight from Lombok International Airport to Yogyakarta (Jogya), it's central java and very recommended to visit this place to see "Borobudur Temple" and around Jogya. The best area to stay at "Malioboro Street".

Have nice trip :)

#2 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71
 Send YogaSearcherBali a private message   Website   Facebook    Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 3/7/2016 at 22:17

Another tips if would meet others travelers, find the doorms room or budget hostel, that the place to stay to increase chance to meetings others. Such as Kayun Hostel in Kuta, Gili Backpacker in Gili Trawangan and Krisna Homestay (Kuta Lombok). Hope this suggest will help you out.

#3 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71

Posted by globetrotter19 on 5/7/2016 at 04:14

You very much for your reply, that's been very helpful thank you.

I'm not sure if trying to add in Lombok and Java is trying to do too much as I only have just over three weeks. I may see when I get there. If I want more chilled out time I'll head to Lombok. If I want more adventure I'll head to Java.

I'll definitely check out your recommendations on accommodation thanks.

#4 globetrotter19 has been a member since 30/6/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 5/7/2016 at 06:23

Good point of Lombok and Java. you are welcome and have a nice trip globetrotter19

#5 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.