Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Suggestions for Indo trip

Posted by Jdav on 26/7/2016 at 10:33

Hi Everyone,

I'll be spending 5/6 weeks in Indonesia in Sept/Oct and am looking for thoughts on what to choose from the endless options! I am a 30-something female and have the following so far:

1. 5 days TBD (flying in from Brisbane)
2. 1 week in Java: Meet friend in Yogyakarta and visit Borobudur/Mt Bromo/Ijen
3. 1 week Lombok Surf camp
4. 8-9 days TBD but probably Flores area
5. Meet friends in Bali - 1 week

I'm looking for some suggestions for where to spend the first 5 days before meeting my friend in Yogya. I realise this is not a lot of time but I'd like to try and do something unique/different to the rest of my itinerary (I'd fly due to time contraints). I've considered a quick visit to Kalimantan/Sumatra/an idyllic island but thought I'd throw the question out there for any wow-factor suggestions.

Thanks!

#1 Jdav has been a member since 26/7/2016. Posts: 1

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by ruthmichaels182 on 26/7/2016 at 23:25

Maybe you can try :

Maratua Island, Berau, Kalimantan

Ohoililir Beach, Kei Ketjil Island - Maluku

Danau Weekuri - Sumba Barat, NTT.

Waerebo.

That's all I can give you

And here's a might be useful tips for you while in Indonesia, when you need to topup your local sim card, you can try Indonesian mobile app to help you do that, like Ayopop, My telkomsel, Three and many more

#2 ruthmichaels182 has been a member since 11/7/2016. Posts: 3

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/7/2016 at 00:09 admin

Have you considered Karimunjawa Islands as an alternative - they lie off the north coast of Java? Far closer to Yogya than Sumatra and would work well for a five day break.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,015
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by AlexChandra on 29/7/2016 at 06:16

Hey Jdav, i have no idea what is TBD, if you interest to nature or culture or activities it would be so much easier to give you recommendation or the best suggest things to see or things to do.

if you look for idyllic island the closes from Bali it's called Gili Gede , it's west part of Lombok Island, 1 hours drive about from the west Lombok Harbor (Lembar Harbor) to the south. Gili Gede is the center island which is the accommodation you can get there, and you could see another islands surrounding of another 13 islands. Few of the islands is no-human live its just empty island with beautiful white sand beach and such a wonderful the underwater to do snorkeling or diving there.

#4 AlexChandra has been a member since 12/7/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 3
 Send AlexChandra a private message   Website   Facebook  

Posted by STF008 on 4/8/2016 at 13:19

For you who doesn't know me, my name is Steve.

Well, i'm just going to be as quick as possible, so let's get start.

2010, was a fantastic year for me, because it's the time and the first time i'm going to Bali.

Bali is such a great place to stay, especially for the trip. The scenery of beach, mountain, through the village, and all, it's amazing. And don't forget to mention : Balinese food. Food in Bali is really, really amazing, with so much spice to complete them all. I remember eating ayam betutu, sate lilit, and many more.

Well, if you want to read the whole story of my trip, you can check my blog about it below :

http://pesonakulinerindonesiassl.blogspot.co.id/

Well, actually i'm on a blog competition. You should check my blog above and read it. Every comments are welcome ! and i really appreciate any advise from all travelers who also has been going to Bali before.

That's it for me. Thankyou !!!!

NB : You can also join the bandwagon, too !!!! just click the poster in my blog and you will get redirected to the competition. Have fun guys !!

Keep smile and Walk

#5 STF008 has been a member since 4/8/2016. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.