Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Lembata

Posted by laverysean on 8/8/2016 at 20:33

Hi guys,
I'm in the process of throwing a trip together to Lembata island, East of flores. Anyone been? Suggestions of places to stay, things to do? Things to avoid? :) possibilities of hiring a scooter?
Oh, any other ideas about travel east of flores would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Sean

#1 laverysean has been a member since 13/6/2013. Posts: 16

Posted by gecktrek on 10/8/2016 at 03:54

hey, i traveled to pulau lembata in aug 2015, you can visit the famous whaling village of lamalera, climb or circumnavigate ile api, visit pulau adonara or just checkout some traditional markets and villages. transport between places isn't easy as the roads aren't in top shape... i organised motorcycle rental through hotel rejeki (in the main town of lewoleba) who will also pick you up from the airport or ferry port and help arrange onward boat travel... i also believe there is a newer hotel in town now... most of the inhabitants are christians but don't expect a party island, it's very traditional.

#2 gecktrek has been a member since 24/3/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 178

Posted by laverysean on 8/9/2016 at 21:01

Thanks for that... I like the idea of hiring a scooter and doing a bit of exploring.

#3 laverysean has been a member since 13/6/2013. Posts: 16

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.