Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Please Help Plan my Itinerary to Indonesia!

Posted by karmax on 13/8/2016 at 11:27

Hello all!
I'll be spending some time in Bali this October 2016 & would love to visit Yogyakarta for a day to see the Goa Jomblang cave & then off to Probolinggo to trek Mount Bromo. My question for you is this: will there be time enough to leave Bali & arrive inYogyakarta & Probolinggo all within 4 days? What would be my most efficient way of traveling between these areas? It looks like catching a flight from Denpasar to Yogyakarta would be the quickest route & then from Yogyakarta to Probolinggo via personal driver, but can someone who is familiar with these areas please offer some guidance? This is my first trip to Indonesia & I want to make the most of it by spending my time efficiently. Any suggestions are appreciated! Happy travels!

#1 karmax has been a member since 13/8/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by gecktrek on 13/8/2016 at 17:16

hey, technically it's possible, denpasar to jogya flight (3 hours minus 1 hour time difference), 3-4 hours round trip to caves, 6 hour drive yogja to probolinggo, bromo trekking ???, 6 hour drive from bromo to denpasar... the question is why?

#2 gecktrek has been a member since 24/3/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 160
 Send gecktrek a private message   Where has gecktrek been?   Website   Flickr  

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Digitarius on 18/8/2016 at 13:01

Sounds like your trying to fit too much in. Yogyakarta should you go there you'll want to see in and of itself. Don't rush Yogy is a great place culturally and just so different than Bali, except for the traffic. I was there and spent 4 days there and loved it. I went to Borobudur Nirwana sunrise, which isnt' all that, but the view is spectatular.

#3 Digitarius has been a member since 15/6/2016. Posts: 18
 Send Digitarius a private message   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.