Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

8 nights in Bali with family

Posted by jonhoff on 7/12/2016 at 20:47

Hi there

Planning an April jaunt to Bali with two kids in tow, one 8 years old and one 1 year old.
Thinking of this:

- 1 night in Kuta/Seminyak on arrival
-3 nights in UBUD
- 1 night in Sideman
- 3 nights in Amed

Would that make sense?

Want a mix of culture, beach, and obviously with kids nothing too hectic schedule wise

#1 jonhoff has been a member since 12/7/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/12/2016 at 22:19 admin

Hi Jon,

I'd be inclined to skip Kuta/Seminyak completely and go straight to Ubud - a cab will take 1-1.5 hours (depending on traffic), then you could give an extra night to Sidemen (which it deserves).

On Ubud, I am not Ubud's greatest fan - I much prefer Sidemen - but Ubud is stronger for its wide variety of eating options and so on - it is though extremely heavily touristed. Definitely factor in time for a rice field walk and your eight year old will probably enjoy one of the evening dance performances.

Sidemen is generally hang out by the pool and do a village visit/ricefield walk. April is end of monsoon, so should be super lush.

Amed is great for kids. Hire a jukung (a small traditional fishing boat) for a snorkelling trip, or just to float around in - bear in mind that the area is spread over a series of bays and if you don't have your own transport travelling between them is a minor hassle with young kids (we go there a bit for weekends and tend just to crash at a place and not leave).

Look us up when you're here - I'm sure I owe you some beers from Saigon!

Cheers

Stuart

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,093

Posted by jonhoff on 7/12/2016 at 23:33

Hey Stuart! I was wondering if you would be lurking and recognize the username ;-).
Great to get some advice from you. Have to weigh up going straight to Ubud for sure, only thought in staying near airport was respite from travelling. But if we do that then it makes maybe 2 nights Ubud 2 nights Sideman and 4 nights in Amed. Sounds better all round. Have no accom nailed down but looking at Villa Coral Cafe in Jemeluk for Amed. :-)

#3 jonhoff has been a member since 12/7/2009. Posts: 3

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.