Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

1 week in southern Indonesia - Ideas?

Posted by mikeilowry on 9/2/2017 at 09:28

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I'm a geologist doing 5 weeks of research across southern Indonesia. I'll probably be spending most of my time in coastal villages and beaches around Yogya, Bali, Lombok and Timor. After the research is over, I have about a week in the beginning of August to do whatever I want before heading up to Vietnam. I know for sure that I'll want to visit Komodo for a day or two, and my flight to Vietnam leaves from Denpasar, but I'm having trouble deciding what else to do. I think during the research I'll get my fill of beaches and hanging out with villagers (I speak decent indonesian) so the rest of Flores doesn't interest me too much, as I hear its very rural, and the best things to do there are just travel around and be with the people.

Anyway, if you had 4 days to get from Labuan Bajo to Denpasar, how would you do it and what would you do?

#1 mikeilowry has been a member since 1/2/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/2/2017 at 00:11 admin

One option, would be to do one of the Lombok - Komodo boat trips in reverse (they take 3/4 days depending on package). That would take you by northern Sumbawa (which I'm a big fan of) past Moyo Island etc and drops you on the east coast of Lombok, from where you could either head straight across to west Lombok for the ferry to Bali (or fly).

If you had a bit more time, climbing Tambora is pretty amazing, but the main attractions on these islands are the beaches and the surf.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,090

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.