Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

4 Weeks in Indonesia

Posted by Ian15 on 11/3/2017 at 14:32

Hello everyone,

I’m after some help planning an itinerary for a 4 week trip around Indonesia in September. I want to visit Bali, Lombok and Flores so I'm after some advice on places to visit. My interests include trekking, natural beauty, wildlife, riding motorbikes and photography. I’m also lookingfor a bit if beach time.

At the moment I’m thinking:

Seminyak (2 nights) – Arrive late Night 1

Ubud (4 Nights)

Sideman or Munduk or Other (3 Nights)

Gili Islands (4 Nights)

Senaru (5 Nights including trekking to rim of Mount Rinjani)

Tetebatu (3 Nights)

This is where I’m struggling with the remaining 6 days, I would like to visit Flores (Lubuan Bajo, Rinca and/or Kamodo island)

Seminyak (1 or 2 Nights) – or somewhere else fairly close to the airport

Nothing is set in stone so I open to suggestions for alternative places to visit. I’m also looking for a 3rd location in Bali, at the moment it is between Sideman and Munduk but I’m open to other suggestions.

Can someone recommend the best way to get between Bali and the Gili Islands by boat, where is the best place to catch a boat that fits in withmy current plans?

I’m also struggling to link Lombok and Flores. Does anyone have a suggestions on how best to get from Lombok to Flores (Lubuan Bajo?) and also getting from Flores back to Bali for my flight back home.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheer

Ian

#1 Ian15 has been a member since 11/9/2015. Posts: 10

Posted by amnicoll on 13/3/2017 at 03:55

if it were me I would reverse the trip and start in Flores and not worry about flight back to bali at the end of your trip. There are tour boats that take in Komodo or Rinca and on to Lombok or flights to Bali. A long journey but you could use boat and ferry across Sumbawa to Lombok but time would be against you

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Posted by edwuppy1 on 9/4/2017 at 17:55

I spent 5 weeks in Bali, Lombok , and Gilli Air. I must say I had really had a wonderful slow quiet time in Amed . I even went back again after Gilli Air. I don't know exactly what you are looking for, but there are definitely less people that stay in Amed. And it is easy to get to Lombok and the Gilli Islands from Amed. You can travel to many places from Amed as your base. Read a bit about Amed and see what is around there. Pura Lempuyang is amazing. Amazing. There are also some nice snorkelling in and around Amed. Besaki and Batur are also very close. I rode the motor scooter to both of these places. Really really great.

#3 edwuppy1 has been a member since 29/12/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by YanaArt on 14/4/2017 at 01:20

Hey, I haven't been to Flores, people said it's beautiful, but I thought that if you are into tracking and nature you should not miss a chance to hike up the volcano.
I saw you are staying in Seminyak for a while. I know a very reliable company that organizes tracks up the active volcanoes of Bali and Java. Those are going to be amazing material for your photoshooting for sure!
I don't know how to attach photos here but I can send you a link to their instagram so you can see the raw beauty of volcanoes on the sunrise: https://www.instagram.com/world.indotravelteam/
And also the guide is super nice French man who really really takes care of your comfort during the trip and gives you lots of cool information that you won't find online because he's been hiking up the volcanoes more than 15 years! I really loved that trip, one of the most exciting things I've ever done

Also I'd suggest Nusa Penida = this island has truly amazing landscape and nature world wonders! I guess 2-3 days there would be enough to see all the stunning bays and canyons and maybe even swim with mantas (depends on the season tho)

Good luck with you trip!

#4 YanaArt has been a member since 14/4/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by scotttraveller on 14/4/2017 at 04:19

Bali is very beautiful place to enjoy your holidays, I have visited last year. I really enjoy the places and the beautiful locations, beaches, etc. That trip was the lifetime experience for me.

#5 scotttraveller has been a member since 6/4/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by ParchedKiwi on 14/4/2017 at 20:37

Hi!

I'll be doing a similar trip all through September as well before moving on to Cambodia. I've actually taken some inspiration for locations based on your post so thanks for that. Especially excited for Gili Air and Flores.

Might see you out there ;) Happy planning!

Jesse (ParchedKiwi)

#6 ParchedKiwi has been a member since 6/4/2017. Posts: 6

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.