Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Indonesia in January?

Posted by mariaescandell on 17/4/2017 at 11:27

Hello,
We are planning a trip to Asia and I was thinking about visiting Indonesia where we haven't been. We can just travel december -january. But now when I started reading about it I see that it is raining season!!
Has someone been there on January? We where thinking about Yogyakarta, Bali ( Ubud) and maybe Sulawesi or Flores. Even if we are open to recomendations!!! I am looking for NOT crowded places.
I rather visit another place than visit a country with rain all day long. I already had that experience in Vietnam and did not liked it at all!!!
Please HELP!!!

#1 mariaescandell has been a member since 29/8/2014. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/4/2017 at 16:03 admin

Yes that is wet season and I wouldn't recommend a trip here focussed on beaches at that time of the year as some, especially those in Bali, are filthy.

Inland though, Yogyakarta and Ubud for example are good in wet season, though yes, expect some rain—not all day torrential, but expect at least some rain most days.

If you'd prefer to avoid the rain, countries in mainland Southeast Asia will be a better choice at that time of the year.

Choice

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,875
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by mariaescandell on 19/4/2017 at 12:51

Thank you, I guess Ubud and Yogyakarta can work well, but my worry is the rest of the trip, and I am not sure if it is possible to really enjoy the landscapes. That I think are the highlights of Indonesia.

#3 mariaescandell has been a member since 29/8/2014. Posts: 5

Posted by kenu34 on 26/7/2017 at 00:45

hi there, on this january i had a beach camp at gunung kidul (still in the yogyakarta region), it was nice, it didn't rain at all, in fact it just sunny sun up all day long. well i guess the highest peak of rainy season has passed, so don't worry, it's ok to spend times in Yogyakarta during that month (even though maybe there'll be a day or two cloudy day).

you might wanna see dieng plateau as well, smaller area and less crowded than yogyakarta. it could be a nice place to spend your holiday. Cold breezy air and sunny sun sure going to be a one peaceful day. i've been there done that, i don't really like sunbathing but last month i've done that on Tani Jiwo hostel rooftop. if it's not because the cold breezy air of dieng, i wouldn't have done that. nice place, it can be a great option if you're staying at dieng. good services and facilities with reasonable prices.

you should try different atmosphere of holiday in indonesia (yeah depends on how much time do you have), bali with its amazing summer day, yogyakarta with its amusing cultural places and stories, and dieng with its up and down hill and beautiful scenery. enjoy indonesia!

#4 kenu34 has been a member since 23/7/2017. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.