Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Ubud for a digital nomad from mid May to mid June?

Posted by jameslon on 27/4/2017 at 01:37

Im taking a month to work on a personal project on my laptop so I suppose that qualifies me as a "digital nomad". Ill be flying from Australia mid May and by mid June I need to end up in Hong Kong.

Ive already been to Chiang Mai as a backpacker. Bali (with Ubud in particular) seems to be the other hub for nomads. However Ive heard a lot of Aussies go on holiday around this time so will it be swamped with tourists? Id rather hang out with nomads as ill be working most of the day and not drinking too much in the evenings.

My other concern is about the temperature. I was in SE Asia November to January and only just coped with the heat. But I was staying in cheap hostels, walking around a lot, etc. I guess as a nomad I'd live more of an air conditioned lifestyle, at least during the day. By the evenings I assume it would be more bearable.

Any digital nomads been in Ubud around this time of year?
Cheers

#1 jameslon has been a member since 17/10/2016. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/4/2017 at 03:28 admin

June is on the cusp of high season, but the predominant crowds are Europeans (for Euro summer) and Chinese. Australians tend to pile in more over Xmas (for Oz summer) but there will still be plenty around in May June. Ubud is always busy.

As far as co-working joints go, Hubud (in Ubud) and DoJo (in Canggu) are two of the highest profile spots, both are very popular and have a range of passes available (see their websites for details).

Temp expect high 20s to very low 30s most days, perhaps a little cooler in the evening in Ubud.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,090

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.