Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Is it risky? Nusa Lembongan to Denpasar airport same morning?

Posted by lajoy9 on 6/5/2017 at 01:30

Hi, we have a 12:00pm flight from Denpasar airport to Kuala Lumpur. We would be leaving N'usa Lembongan Island same morning by boat(speedboat?), to Sanur, then transportation to airport.We Would like to be at airport by 10:00 am. Is this too risky? Would it be better to have one night buffer closer to airport? Do you have a reliable boat/transport to recommend? I have been in contact with my hotel but cannot get a clear answer.
Thanks.

#1 lajoy9 has been a member since 10/9/2016. Posts: 29

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/5/2017 at 03:21 admin

If you get the 08:30 boat from Lembongan then you're at Sanur around 09:00 (in theory). By the time you alight get luggage etc you're probably in a cab by 9:20-9:30 and as long as traffic is ok, you'll be at the airport for 10:00 exactly the two hours required before check-in.

Scoot Cruises is one of the better operators, but there are plenty of others - and there may be earlier boats with other companies.

I'd say that it is a tight connection, but doable - as long as all the legs come together. If the boat is delayed (bad weather for eg or slow passengers) then will get tight.

Is your KL flight connecting to a longer haul international one? ie if you miss the flight to KL are you going to miss a far more expensive long haul flight? If so, I'd leave the night before to be sure. If not, ie you miss the flight and you can just but another $100 ticket no big deal, then I'd consider the morning option.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,090

Posted by lajoy9 on 6/5/2017 at 07:53

Thanks for the reply. Just realised my flight doesn't stop in KL. It goes direct to Bangkok. Got confused because I was in KL today. Wrote from the airport. So Sorry.
From your comments, I'll try to shift my reservation on Nusa Lembongan to one day before.If it doesn't work, maybe I'll have to cancel N'usa Lembongan altogether. Let's hope not.

#3 lajoy9 has been a member since 10/9/2016. Posts: 29

Posted by lajoy9 on 12/5/2017 at 21:39

Hi, luckily we were able to modify our reservation in N'usa Lembongan and also in Amed before. Much safer this way, to have the one night buffer. I think we will stay in Sanur.

Is is better to take a boat in the morning or around noon? Is the ocean less rough early morning?

#4 lajoy9 has been a member since 10/9/2016. Posts: 29

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.