Posted by pictoncrew on 14/5/2017 at 00:45
So we are planning 3 1/2 weeks with Miss 9 and Master 5 around Bali. The trip needs to include lots of diving/ snorkeling spots mixed in with culture etc.
So far we are planning 3 nights Jimbaran to recover!! only part booked
4 nights Ubud
1 or 2 nights Sidemen or similar??? not sure if 1 is enough
8 nights split some how between Candi Dasa, Amed and Tulamben
5 nights Gili Layar
3 or 4 nights Sanur or elsewhere.
We are travelling in October/start November. Would love ideas of things for kids to do around Candi Dasa, Amed, Tulamben. Also where to stay last few nights but kids are keen on a water park for this time.
#1 pictoncrew has been a member since 14/5/2017. Posts: 2
Posted by somtam2000 on 18/5/2017 at 17:27 admin
Totally missed this - apols for the late reply!
A few thoughts:
1) Unless you are really keen divers I'd drop Tulamben and just stay in Amed as the dive shops in Amed will just take you to Tulamben anyway, and Amed is a more interesting/varied place to stay.
2) I'd definitely give Sidemen more than one night, at least two (take one from your Amed/Candi Dasa section). We send friends there regularly and they love it. The rice field walks are great for kids, and as long as you get a place with a pool, you'll be sorted!
3) Gili Layar is great, tho five nights is quite a spell there. As long as you're happy to lay about and snorkel the reef and do the boat trips, you'll fill it easily enough, but perhaps you could shave one day off here, OR shave two days off and split yourself between Layar and Gili Gede for example. That said, I could easily spend 5 days on Layar doing absolutely nothing! Do book it whatever you decide as they do not have many rooms.
4) Have you considered perhaps Nusa Penida Nusa Lembongan or Nusa Cennigan instead of Sanur? These are all easily reached from Bali and have plenty of snorkelling options (though the coral garden as Lembongan is sadly mostly smashed up now)
5) By waterparks, if you mean Waterbom, would make sense to do it at the start as is quite close to Jimbaran.
#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,058
Posted by pictoncrew on 20/5/2017 at 03:32
Thanks for your advice. We are going to drop Tulamben. Have now booked Gili Layar and will look at the 'Nusa's' as an option. Any advice on the best area in Amed for kids to snorkel from beach? Would like our accommodation to be close to the snorkeling area. We are looking for cheapish accommodation but would like a pool if possible.
#3 pictoncrew has been a member since 14/5/2017. Posts: 2
Posted by somtam2000 on 22/5/2017 at 23:07 admin
The most accessible spot for off beach snorkelling is the coral garden at Jemeluk. We've stayed previously at GaneshAmed with the kids and it wasn't too bad, it starts at around 300,000 a night, whichm with a pool is good value for Amed. Is a bit of a walk to the snorkelling, but nothing too far. From memory we had a standard room and they plonked in an extra bed.
#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,058
Please login to add your reply