Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Yogyakarta 2 1/2 day itinerary??

Posted by roosen on 16/5/2017 at 14:37

Hi,

My wife and I arrive in Yogyakarta at 9:30 in the morning. We have that day and two more.

We of course want to see the Kraton, Borobudur, and Prambanan.

We like to take photos and see historic sites. We are also interested in hiking, cycling, rafting, etc. but don't really expect that to be a Yogyakarta thing.

Any suggestions on how to spend the time?

Off the top of my head I'd say Kraton on the arrival day, Borobudur the second day, and Prambanan the third day. But as the Kraton closes early maybe that's not right? And what other sights are good to fit in there?

Restaurant tips also welcomed!

Thanks,
Charlie

#1 roosen has been a member since 16/5/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by Bungkus on 16/5/2017 at 21:53 TF writer

Hi Charlie, don't miss the underground mosque, part of Taman Sari water palace. It's not signposted, so ask when you're there. Kota Gede is worth a visit, not for the silver, but for the old Mosque and historical area. When you visit Prambanan take time to see the 'hidden temples' behind. At a push you could visit Borobudur and Prambanan on the same day - Borobudur for sunrise and Prambanan for sunset, but will be a long busy day. For a quirky option stop by the Chicken Church, 10 mins drive from Borobudur. Yes kraton is morning only, but if you arrive at 9:30 you should be able to fit it in. Taman Sari is near the Kraton, and is more interesting. So many food options hard to pick -- check out the listing on TravelFish and see what appeals. Enjoy Jogya, one of my favourite cities in Asia!

#2 Bungkus has been a member since 28/8/2015. Posts: 10
 Where has Bungkus been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by roosen on 18/5/2017 at 14:55

Thanks Bungkus!

#3 roosen has been a member since 16/5/2017. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.