Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Flores One Week

Posted by Jursa on 5/6/2017 at 10:01

Hello fellow travellers!
I need a bit of help. I'm trynig to plan a week in Flores . Before that me and my partner will spend a few days in Ubud, few in Tulamben and few in the Gilis. Then we are planning to take the 4days/3nights liveaboard boat from Lombok to flores ( Labuan Bajo ). With this boat we will apparently see some things already (if all goes by plan but afterall it is Indonesia haha), like Komodo Island. So what to do in Flores with 6 full days or 7 even. Should we use Labuan Bajo as our base and do trips from there? We definitely want to fly back to Denpasar, so would the best option be flying back from Labuan Bajo or is it better to make our way to Ruteng/Bajawa or even further and fly back to Bali from there?
We are interested in culture and nature, want to see Wae Rebo (if it's not too turisty and spoiled already) or other villages lile Beno(?) next to Bajawa, spider webs and maybe the Hobbit Cave (not sure what there is) and any other spots (we are amazed by the simplest beaches and views and I guess Flores will be able to cover that with no problem).

So any suggestions would be much appreciated. We will be travelling in July and I noticed prices are going up so I wanted to book that flight and few nights of accommodation but for that I need to know an approximate itinerary hah.

Thank you!
Ursa

#1 Jursa has been a member since 5/6/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 6/6/2017 at 06:10

There is plenty to see and do on Flores and I would suggest that you start off by reading the excellent information contained here:

https://www.travelfish.org/location/indonesia/east_nusa_tenggara/flores/flores

Do not worry about booking accommodation but once you have worked out where you will end then certainly book flight. In my opinion Bajawa and the surrounding area is well worth going to.

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 971

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/6/2017 at 01:40 admin

I've not been to Wae Rebo personally, but I do know it sees few people so I wouldn't be expecting a touristic experience. The Hobbit Cave is a big cave in a pretty valley - you can read more about it here and the spider web fields here. As amnicoll says, Bajawa and surrounds are well worth a poke around. More here.

Prices are creeping up a bit, but still quite affordable - I'm heading there is a few weeks to start our (now twice delayed) update!

Cheers

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,058

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.