Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Tourist VISA Extension 0n Lombok, Sumbawa or Flores?

Posted by 58raeaton70 on 25/6/2017 at 23:19

I apologize in advance for this topic being beaten to death, but I have yet to find a clear answer.

Is it possible to extend a 30d Tourist Visa (paid) anywhere on the Islands of Lombok , Sumbawa or Flores?

Our plan is to start a 60d adventure in Lombok and work our way east.

Thank you,

Rick

#1 58raeaton70 has been a member since 29/11/2016. Posts: 3

Posted by amnicoll on 26/6/2017 at 07:41

yes (or at least it was when I was there) in Sumbawa city for certain and also in Labuan Bajo and Maumere

It will be possible on Lombok but no idea where

May well be other places on the islands as well but these happened to be places where I met others who were or had renewing their visa.

I assume the option of getting a 60 day visa before you arrive is a non starter?

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 971

Posted by flijten on 26/6/2017 at 07:55

The last things I heard/read is that the office in Labuan Bajo does extensions in 2 working days. This was someone else's experience, but very recent and confirmed. Sumbawa besar (the city) has a kelas 2 imigrasi office so you should be able to extend ( at least we did extend on Bali in a kelas 2 office la st week).

On lombok there is a kelas 1 office in Mataram that usually does all services so I imagine extending there is no issue either.

The time it takes to extend is hugely different, don't count on anything. Our office in Singaraja took 6 working days. The Yogyakarta one does it in 4 to 5 daya and in flores, as mentioned before, they apparently manage to whip out extensions in 2.

Expect three visits. One to fill in forms, one to pay and one to collect passport and new visa.

Mileage may very :)

P.S. see http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/contact-us/immigration-offices for all offices. When searching for lombok and sumbawa, look for Nusa Tengara. You can always call and ask.

#3 flijten has been a member since 19/12/2016. Location: Netherlands. Posts: 80

Posted by amnicoll on 26/6/2017 at 07:56

The people I met in Sumbawa did it in a day but they already had things organised with their sponsor but yes allow several days - I remember (before I opted to get the 60 day visa) that Lombok was a far easier and quicker option than Bali

#4 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 971

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.