Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Family accomadation in Ubud

Posted by Nicki76 on 4/7/2017 at 08:57

Hi, I'm looking for a recommendation on a place to stay in Ubud that is family friendly . Traveling with two kids 9&11 and not very expensive or posh. Would like traditional Bali style.

Thanks!
Nicki

#1 Nicki76 has been a member since 3/7/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by Gabe on 5/7/2017 at 06:12

Hey there Nicki
If you want to stay in the countryside just north of Ubud (about 10 mins drive) - the 'classic Bali' of ricefields and smiles.. I can recommend Dukuh Village Homestay in Tegallalang. A lot of 'homestays' are just guest houses but this really is an extended family home in rural surroundings. The dad is a great artist (used to teach at ARMA galleries in town), and can pick you up/ drive you places. Mum is a great cook and loves teaching cooking - looks after everyone like they're her kids. Grandma and grandpa, son and daughter-in law, extended family are in and out, ceremonies and farm life all around. They have a website and Facebook page under the name and great reviews. They have simple rooms or fancier ones (one with its own pool), are reasonably priced.. and it's real. (by the way it's not my business but I live nearby and put my visiting friends/family up there)

#2 Gabe has been a member since 5/7/2017. Posts: 8

Posted by Nicki76 on 5/7/2017 at 07:32

Thanks so much I will look into it.
What about walking distance to Ubud central?
Thanks!
Nicki

#3 Nicki76 has been a member since 3/7/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by hellomoto84 on 24/7/2017 at 10:13

Hi Nicki, echo Gabe's recommendation of Dukuh village homestay - we stayed there in June and it is amazing! Super friendly hosts, a really peaceful setting & great food. It's not walkable from Ubud centre so you'd need transport but from what I remember Made (the host) does a daily shuttle into town included in the accommodation price. Alternatively you can use Grab or Go-jek (like Uber) for getting about.
Hope it helps,
Helen

#4 hellomoto84 has been a member since 13/3/2017. Posts: 18

Posted by mangga on 25/7/2017 at 06:32

Or look in Penestanan - there are many houses for every budget.
Check at www.vrbo.com
You can walk in ca. 30 minutes to Ubud market and there is a Bintang supermarket in 10 minutes walking.

#5 mangga has been a member since 23/8/2013. Posts: 1
 Send mangga a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.