Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Stay outside Ubud proper

Posted by Michael29 on 5/7/2017 at 18:21

Hi,
Any thoughts on 4-5 nights in small friendly place away from maddening crowds of Ubud.
As I have changed, same too has the pace of development over last 10 yr.
Cheers, Michael

#1 Michael29 has been a member since 21/3/2015. Location: Australia. Posts: 4
 Send Michael29 a private message 

Posted by flijten on 5/7/2017 at 20:15

Why go to Ubud at all in this case? Have a look at Munduk or go see Sidemen and have a change of scenery :)

#2 flijten has been a member since 19/12/2016. Location: Netherlands. Posts: 57

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Gabe on 11/7/2017 at 08:22

Hi Michael

My neighbours have a great little homestay in the country about 6 kms north of Ubud just outside a traditional village on a quiet, rural ridge overlooking a jungly river valley.It's got standard rooms, or fancier ones (newer more private, one with pool). Also they have kitchens and there's some more flash hotels nearby with restaurants. Family is friendly, including their son and daughter in law who have good English. Dad is an artist, teaches also, mum is a good cook. The main noise is frogs :)
It's called Dukuh Village Homestay and has lots of positive reviews on bookings.com and also a website/Facebook page you can check out. As i mentioned, it's not my business but as I live close I am very familiar with it.

#3 Gabe has been a member since 5/7/2017. Posts: 8

Posted by Michael29 on 11/7/2017 at 11:33

Thanks Gabe.
I too have have read about it so will check it out next time I'm staying in the area.
Cheers,
Michael

#4 Michael29 has been a member since 21/3/2015. Location: Australia. Posts: 4

Posted by hellomoto84 on 24/7/2017 at 09:54

Def can recommend Dukuh Village homestay as we stayed there a few nights back in June. The setting is amazing and peaceful & the owners are some of the nicest hosts we've stayed with. Super friendly, welcoming and really good cooks too ;). We weren't big fans of central Ubud so loved being on the outskirts and if you have your own wheels you're onto a winner!

#5 hellomoto84 has been a member since 13/3/2017. Posts: 18

Posted by Michael29 on 24/7/2017 at 10:45

Thanks for the comments.

Have only heard good things about Dukuh Village Homestay so will check in next visit.

Planning a longer stay next time so this homestay sounds like a good initial base.

Cheers & happy travels to all.

Michael

#6 Michael29 has been a member since 21/3/2015. Location: Australia. Posts: 4

Posted by Michael29 on 7/9/2017 at 03:04

Just spent a couple of days at Dukuh Homestay. Thoroughly enjoyed being a guest within the family compound & enjoyed my chats with both Made and his charming wife. The family couldn't have been more welcoming. It was a great opportunity to appreciate the authentic Balinese family lifestyle. Had the room up near the road which gave me a commanding view of daily activities in the paddies. The road noise wasn't an issue for me, for those who want privacy, the rooms further down the property may suit better. I had my own motorbike so came & went as I pleased. The family do offer transport in/out of Ubud. It is refreshingly cooler out at Dukuh Homstay particularly at night. Can only recommend Dukuh Homestay to travellers wanting to experience the authentic family Balinese lifestyle. Enjoy.

#7 Michael29 has been a member since 21/3/2015. Location: Australia. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.