Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Trekking Mamasa to Rantepao

Posted by Martina1983 on 6/7/2017 at 12:59

Dear travellers,

Is there anyone that can give information about the trekking between Mamasa and Rantepao? According to the lonely planet this is a hike that can be done without a guide but online I can not find any information/blog/description about the trek.
Nobody done this trek and wants to share experience?

Thanks

#1 Martina1983 has been a member since 22/3/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by gecktrek on 6/7/2017 at 16:35

hey, i haven't done that trek, have you tried checking the gunung bagging website?

#2 gecktrek has been a member since 24/3/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 160
 Send gecktrek a private message   Where has gecktrek been?   Website   Flickr  

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by mooball on 11/7/2017 at 05:11 TF writer

I was in Mamasa in 2006 and it was remote and there were only 2 or 3 places to get something to eat. The entire surrounding area was incredible, totally authentic and not a hint of the tourist trade. But... some people already had mobile phones back then, so I imagine the pace of development in the area would have increased.

Although I didn't do that trek you're talking about, I was told by the locals that a road had been built to Rantepao meaning that you'd be walking along a road instead of a footpath as had been the case previously.

If there's a road, you'd definitely be able to trek it on your own and just ask for places to stay along the way.

#3 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 439
 Send mooball a private message   Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.