Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Bali to Flores

Posted by poepat on 13/11/2017 at 13:33

Hi,,, new to this site,,, was an old virtual tourist user....
Can anyone advise best way to get from Bali to Flores. We have about two weeks to make the return journey so time is not an issue.
Also any good tips on must do beaches on the way
And we are planning to go in November 2018,,,, whats the weather like in November...
Many thanks
POEPAT

#1 poepat has been a member since 23/9/2015. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 14/11/2017 at 06:29

two weeks is not very long so time IS going to be an issue. fly one way.

Much depends on what you want to see of Flores but you can easily overland stopping on Lombok no shortage of beaches or go up Rijani then across to Sumbawa and then to Flores but by that time your 2 weeks will be up perhaps with enough time first for trip out to see the Komodo dragons

There is no shortage of beaches in Indonesia but what is a "must do" beach (one with loads of bars and restaurants behind or one where apart from the odd fisherman that has taken an hour or more to get to

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 871
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/11/2017 at 08:28 admin

As per amnicoll above, plus I'd add, November is wet season—I'm in Bali now and we've had some serious rain, so I'd expect likewise in Flores as we're on the same climate pattern.

That said, quickest way fly. With two weeks you could do something like Bali fly to -> Labuan Bajo (Nam Air and Wings Air probably cheapest from Bali) then overland to Ruteng, Bajawa, Riung, Ende, Kelimutu and then Maumere and fly back to Bali from there. Is a push at two weeks, but certainly possible. People do it in less, but three weeks better—depends on your interests and so on.

My main point of warning, would be Nov/Dec/Jan is heavy wet season and some of the beaches, especially those facing south to Indian Ocean, will be filthy with trash (a combination of prevailing currents & swell and onshore winds), so keep that in mind.

This Youtube video popped up today and while it is in Indonesian, you don't need the lingo to see the problem. Sadly.

More questions, ask away!

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,875
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.