Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Bali itinerary - 16 days between different places

Posted by pisike08 on 24/11/2017 at 14:45

Hi guys & girls, please suggest how would you divide your 16 days/nights trip in Bali between different locations? And why? :)

I will go in the end of Feb beginning of March, so it will be rainy season. I have thought I'd start with 3 nights in Seminyak, then 5 in Ubud , 4 Gili (Air probably) and 4 in Sanur . But I have started to doubt. Maybe I should do Gili before Ubud? Gili is meant for full relaxation. After long trip it might be useful to take time out before starting tripping around in Bali? I plan to do day-trips from Ubud and probably from Sanur as well. And after Ubud I would have some more beach time maybe and that's why Sanur. Does it make sense or would you have some other suggestions?

#1 pisike08 has been a member since 6/1/2015. Posts: 7
 Send pisike08 a private message   Where has pisike08 been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/11/2017 at 20:12 admin

Hi,

You'll be here at the tail end of wet season, but hopefully weather should not be too rainy by then.

A couple of questions:

1) Do you surf or are you interested in diving? I ask because that it will influence what area/beach I recommend.
2) The Gilis are not a part of Bali, they sit off the west coast of Lombok, so you'll need to set aside a significant part of a day for the transfers plus the boat trip to get there, so bear that in mind with your planning.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,933
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by flijten on 25/11/2017 at 10:06

Apart from what Stuart said, it might be worth having a look at Sidemen, Munduk and Amed areas too. For Bali, they are relatively quiet but just as pretty, compared to some of the mainstays on the Bali menu. Might want to chip of some of your Ubud days in favour of one of those.

#3 flijten has been a member since 19/12/2016. Location: Netherlands. Posts: 64

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.