Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Bali beach destination on arrival

Posted by u2tool on 27/11/2017 at 14:40

We (wife, 9-year old daughter, and I) get into Bali late May, and I'm planning 3 nights before we head off for Java and Sumatra (we return to Bali later). I'd like to book something for those nights near the beach (beach view would be great), that's relaxing and also allows for some exploration. I initially thought Bukit, around Padang Padang (looked at Greenbowl homestay and Kutuh Manak). But maybe some other location makes more sense? Looked at Canuggu (Bali ExoticA looks great). Any suggestions on what would be a good location, not too crazy but biking distance from some exploration?

#1 u2tool has been a member since 18/7/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by u2tool on 27/11/2017 at 18:46

I should add we’re looking for areas with places budgeted $50US or less.

#2 u2tool has been a member since 18/7/2011. Posts: 8

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/11/2017 at 18:59 admin

I'd say the Bukit has far better beaches—take a look at Balangan, Padang-padang and Bingin on Agoda and Booking.com for a million options. Of those beaches, Bingin has the best variety for beach views (though Balangan's beach is far better), we've stayed at Kembang Kuning numerous times with the kids and has always been great.

Canggu is a far better option if you want a wide range of pretty hip eateries—the beach isn't one of Bali's best. We have some family options on this page.

Cheers!

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,901
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by u2tool on 27/11/2017 at 22:41

Thanks Stuart! I'm guessing all the beaches are easily reached in the area? We'd probably scooter into the Kuta area one day to have a look see for our return after Sumatra. Easy to get there from the Bukit?

#4 u2tool has been a member since 18/7/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by u2tool on 27/11/2017 at 22:49

Btw, which rooms do you recommend - the upstairs ocean view?

#5 u2tool has been a member since 18/7/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/11/2017 at 00:05 admin

Ahhh at that place we stay downstairs as easier for the kids to spill out onto the lawn. Note it is cold water showers. Yes all the Bukit beaches scooterable from there. Kuta would be maybe 45 minutes away depending on traffic.

#6 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,901
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.