Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Need itinerary help-18 days Indonesia

Posted by Scoutlarue on 20/1/2018 at 12:19

Two travelers - 32 and 64. Both want to visit Borneo to see wild life. Neither have been to Indonesia but have traveled to China, Thailand, Japan etc. One is a surfer and the other is a lapsed scuba diver. One is very fit and the other not so much. Indonesia is overwhelming with so much to see and do. We understand traveling between areas can be slow and do not want to over plan an intinerary with too many destinations that we end up exhausted or unable to visit places once planned. Planning for 2018 if possible. Would pay for itinerary support. How do we proceed?

#1 Scoutlarue has been a member since 20/1/2018. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 21/1/2018 at 00:48

Are you thinking of spending the whole period in Borneo or are you looking for other islands?

I know this is posted on the Indonesia forum but again are you considering Brunei and the Malaysian parts of the island as well?

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 923
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/1/2018 at 20:04 admin

Hi, sorry for late reply—am travelling in java at the moment.

We can’t do planning consulting for Indonesian Borneo unfortunately as we’ve extremely limited experience there, however with travel in Indonesia more generally, absolutely less is more. The country does’t lend itself to tight deadline destination crammed travel. So I would advise definitely fitting in some “rubber time” to your schedule.

If you have specific questions about locations in Indonesian Borneo, please post them and I can put them to a friend who is far more familiar with the area than me—a reply may take a few days though as we’re both travelling at the moment.

Best

Stuart

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,959
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.