Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Suggestions for Bali in mid-Feb

Posted by zevida on 24/1/2018 at 00:53

I've been to Bali before - Ubud and Seminyak - and will be traveling with a first timer. We have four nights. I like to stay on the beach, and prefer a calm beach good for swimming. We are not into the party scene. Originally I was thinking Nusa Dua but while I want luxury I want more local flavor luxury not Western manicured luxury. Now I'm thinking Sanur, but worried about trash on the beach and in the water - will resort areas have kept this clean, or am I just out of luck at this time of year? Any recommendations for what area to stay?

I loved Ubud and the culture there, so we'll probably do at least a day trip if we don't decide to split the trip between the beach and Ubud.

I didn't love Seminyak, the current was too strong for swimming and the area didn't feel as local. Though the resort and beach were very pretty and serene.

#1 zevida has been a member since 24/1/2018. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/1/2018 at 07:49 admin

Hi,

February is not a great time for beach time in Bali. Especially on the south coast beaches (so Kuta, Seminyak, Canggu etc) — truckloads of trash (both in the water and on the beach) thanks to the rain and onshore wind. Sanur might be slightly better, but still not great.

You could consider Amed in the east, but they are black sand beaches and no surf—also I would say too far for a comfortable day trip to Ubud .

If it was me, I'd be skipping the beach and staying inland, perhaps Ubud and Sidemen or even Munduk, both of which have quite comfortable hideaways.

Hope that helps. More questions, ask away.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,959
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by zevida on 28/1/2018 at 12:00

Thanks so much - we decided to stick with Ubud since it's a short trip and a great area.

Any ideas for things to do in Ubud? I've been, but my two friends haven't. I've done the monkey forest, shadow puppets, Balinese dance, and the ridge walk. Anything new beyond that I can add?

#3 zevida has been a member since 24/1/2018. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.