Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

booking accommodations in Indonesia

Posted by ambersaffron on 30/1/2018 at 20:56

Hi! My husband and I are planning to spend 2 months in Indonesia starting in May. We're planning on going to Bali, Lombok, the Gilis and Java. I'm wondering how easy it is to show up in these spots without booking accommodations ahead. I prefer to show up at a place and look around for a room but I'm not sure how feasible it is there. Our accommodation budget is $25 a night. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

#1 ambersaffron has been a member since 14/6/2011. Posts: 17
 Send ambersaffron a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 31/1/2018 at 05:08 admin

I'd say booking in advance is not essential, but if you know where you are going to be at a specific time and you have your eye set on a particular property, then there is no harm in booking it in advance.

It also depends a bit where you are. I'm travelling in Java at the moment and we’ve generally just shown up or booked same day and have had close to no problems, but there are also very very few tourists. On the Gili Islands on the other hand, it will be quite busy.

May is shoulder season—a good time to come, by late June things will be getting busy with Europeans—especially in East Bali (Candi Dasa and Amed for example) and then perhaps booking will be a better idea. You’ll find no shortage of places at $25 a night.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,913
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by amnicoll on 2/2/2018 at 06:48

I agree with the above but depending on what time you arrive booking your first night might be a sensible option

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 888
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by ambersaffron on 2/2/2018 at 19:15

Thanks for the info!

#4 ambersaffron has been a member since 14/6/2011. Posts: 17
 Send ambersaffron a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.