Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

car hire indonesia

Posted by anno35 on 23/3/2018 at 15:02

Has anyone hired a car in Flores, Lombok or Bali and driven themselves. My sister and I plan to be in Indonesia for just over six weeks and would like to visit the above islands.

#1 anno35 has been a member since 17/2/2018. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/3/2018 at 18:13 admin

Yes is straightforward to do, especially in Bali and Lombok. Any travel agent should be able to assist. On Flores I've only hired with driver, but am sure you can hire without as well (though unlike Bali and Lombok, as Flores doesn't lend itself so much to a circular route, it is a long drive back!

Price varies very much according to the car. Anything from 200/300,000 rupiah per day and up.

If you plan on say renting the car and taking it from Bali to Lombok, you need to let the rental mob know beforehand you are planning on taking the vehicle off island, as not all will allow it.

Legally you require an International Driving Permit to drive in Indonesia.

Hope that helps.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,090

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.