Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Bali trip, 2 weeks in Mid June

Posted by missdenniilee on 13/4/2018 at 04:44

Hi all, need some itinerary help. Me and my partner, mid-30s, are rather run down by the rat race and are looking for an easy, relaxed escape. Bali is high on our list so we are trying to figure out a plan.

We want a mix of interior/mountain with some beach time with no more than 3 stops in 14 days (ideally 2 stops). We want to plonk and explore rather than move about every 3-4 days.

We love dramatic landscapes, (I'm a big lover of volcanic areas), local experiences, relaxing by the pool, massages, local food.

First stop, we are considering Ubud at the start of the trip spending 6ish nights. We'd stay a little out of town so that we can relax, do day trips to areas like Sideman, perhaps Munduk, and go into Ubud for food and busyness when we feel like it.

For the rest of the time, we've been looking at Sanur , Candidasa, Gilli Air, Lombok Kuta perhaps?, but finding it hard to choose. We're looking for a topical beach escape, with resort accommodation that feels like a splurge, in an area that isn't party overridden like kuta but still has some access to local attractions and restaurants. We're not keen on Nuda Dusa - areas that are just luxury resorts built for tourists (I could be wrong but I'm imagining this area is like Denerau in Fiji).

We did consider something like Ubud-Amed-Gilli as an itinerary with perhaps a night or 2 in Sanur before we head back home.

Any help/advice very much appreciated!

#1 missdenniilee has been a member since 8/4/2018. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/4/2018 at 17:00 admin

Hi,

A few thoughts:

Sidemen and Munduk are both too far from Ubud to make for a comfortable day trip, I mean, you could do it, but you’d be spending most of your time in a car.

So, if you are set on a stretch around Ubud you could do that, then continue to Sidemen for a few days and then push on from there to Amed for your beach stretch before returning to fly out via Candi Dasa or Sanur (or direct—Amed to the airport is now around 3 hours by car).

You could add in the Gilis (from Amed for eg) but you’d lose the best part of two days in the getting there and away transport.

For volcanic areas, consider a side trip to Gunung Batur from Ubud—pretty spectacular.

More questions, ask away.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,931
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by flijten on 17/4/2018 at 11:19

We loved Amed for its low key appearance and the diving. We also liked Lovina, but big chunks were down to the perfect little hotel, we mainly daytripped from there by motorbike. Both are alternatives to the "party south" but they do lack the georgous beaches.

With that in mind, Kuta Lombok as beach getaway is actually a pretty solid option. Kuta Lombok has a coll range of restaurants and a lively feel without being a party place. And it offers bay after bay of ridiculously beautiful beaches.

#3 flijten has been a member since 19/12/2016. Location: Netherlands. Posts: 63

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.