Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Padangbai to Gilimanuk bus

Posted by maristia on 24/6/2018 at 08:05

Hey guys .
I've read on Travelfish that there should be a bus traveling between Padangbai and Gilimanuk.
I couldn't find any details on the web.
Does anyone know which bus it is, how long it takes, time tables, etc?

Much appreciated,

Martin.

#1 maristia has been a member since 5/1/2016. Location: Argentina. Posts: 9
 Send maristia a private message   Twitter 

Posted by amnicoll on 25/6/2018 at 05:20

padangbai is very small so should be easy to ask around locally (there are a number of mini van guys near where the fast ferries from the Gilis stop) but I suspect that a direct bus would be one of the inter island ones coming from Lombok and heading to Java so ask around the port

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 923
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Bungkus on 26/6/2018 at 12:24 TF writer

Hi Martin - I’m to blame!

According to the info at Gilimanuk bus terminal (last checked in February 2018) a route runs Gilimanuk—Mengwi—Denpasar—Padangbai, but I suspect you would have to change in Denpasar.

There is also a route Gilimanuk—Singaraja—Kubu—Amlapura. Orange bemos connect Padangbai to Amlapura. You may have to change buses at Singaraja.

Due to traffic, the route across the north coast is possibly a quicker trip.

This info is for the local style minibuses (bigger than a demo, smaller than a coach). They don’t usually run to strict timetables and you may have to wait for connections. It’s a long trip either way.

#3 Bungkus has been a member since 28/8/2015. Posts: 15
 Where has Bungkus been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.