Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Banda Aceh to Lake Toba

Posted by Digitarius on 24/7/2019 at 10:32

I am planning a trip to Aceh in Sumatra, from there travel to Lake Toba and who knows where from there. I am in Yogyakarta now so plan on going to Aceh in August sometime. Anyone made that trip or can offer some advice or direction, much appreciated.

#1 Digitarius has been a member since 15/6/2016. Posts: 20

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/8/2019 at 00:55 admin

Bus or fly, both via Medan would be the approach I’d take.

If going by bus, you could get a night bus from Banda Aceh to Medan and then continue straight on from there to Lake Toba —I'm not aware of direct buses between the two.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,065

Posted by Digitarius on 4/8/2019 at 09:37

Thanks Somtam2000 for the reply I will consider that.

#3 Digitarius has been a member since 15/6/2016. Posts: 20

Posted by wanderer143 on 31/5/2020 at 11:31

Thanks for the info! I find Lake Toba very intriguing but will have to postpone our plans to this place next time. Fingers crossed we could do Bali this year. Keep safe everyone.

#4 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 136

Posted by erikdavids on 21/5/2021 at 21:26

Hi, My name is Erik and i am 23 years old. 
I come from Denmark. 
I am looking for a monastery where i can stay under my healing process. 
I have been in a extreme pain for many years, and i found my healing throug meditation and yoga. 
Described in short terms, has my body been in pain because i in my mind my hole life has been in a constantly state of fear, and my body has reacted by a freeze condition. 
To come through this, i have to get stronger, live the right way and be diciplined. 
That is why i am now looking for a monestary in Asia or europe to stay for about 7-8 months.  
Doe to the corona virus it has been very difficult to find any monestary's. 
There fore i am very open to any opourtunity. 
I will off course be Vacinated befoer travel.
I hope you can help me, 
best regards 

#5 erikdavids has been a member since 22/5/2021. Posts: 6

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.