Text page

Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Early checkout-Late flight

Posted by kdwhitworth on 12/7/2022 at 01:57

Hello!

I’m looking for recommendations on options for eight hours between my lodging checkout and my flight out of Bali. I’m not able to get a later checkout time. Rent a hotel room? Beach club?

Thanks in advance-

Kim

#1 kdwhitworth has been a member since 14/6/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by exacto on 12/7/2022 at 02:31

Hi Kim,

Depending on the cost, you could just extend your reservation at the current hotel for another night, knowing that you'd be checking out in the early evening rather than the next morning. I'm doing something very similar right now in Nong Khai, Thailand, where I've paid for an extra night at my hotel so I can still have the room during the day until I check out to catch the evening overnight sleeper train. But that's a pleasingly affordable option in my case.

If keeping the same room doesn't make financial sense, there are several other options you might consider, depending on cost and how much luggage you have with you. 

As you mentioned, you could rent another, less expensive hotel room - perhaps one near some activities you'd like to do or not too far from the airport. Some hotels even have a special day room rate exactly for that situation.

Checking into a hostel is also a good option. It is less private, but usually much less expensive than a hotel room, yet still gives you a secure place to store your stuff, freshen up with a shower before heading to the airport, and even catch a quick nap during the day if you wish.

Beach club is a fun option. I've never done that one. Something similar might be booking a day tour, particularly if you could arrange for the tour to drop you off at the airport at the end.

Finally, if you just want the day to wander about on your own and are fussed about a pre-flight shower or nap, check with your hotel to see if they will store your luggage for you after check out until you are ready to head to the airport. Many hotels are happy to do that for guests. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,848

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/7/2022 at 23:31 admin

Just realised this thread was double-posted, so I deleted the other post and added my comment here. 

With eight hours, you could head down to one of the beaches on the Bukit for the afternoon—Balangan or Bingan would be top of my list, both are about an hour from the airport (dependent on traffic). For something closer, the far end of Jimbaran (near the Four Seasons) is good for a sunset BBQ. Further afield, you could head up to Seminyak or Canggu to one of the many beach clubs, but more time clogged in traffic then. 

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,099

Posted by kdwhitworth on 15/7/2022 at 04:48

Thanks for all the tips! 

#4 kdwhitworth has been a member since 14/6/2015. Posts: 4

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.