Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

North Sulawesi

Posted by swag on 6/6/2009 at 06:00

Hi all a general question for anyone that might have travelled to this part of s.e. asia.
I am looking to spend a week near Manado to do some diving at the famed Bunaken island and area.
Would love to hear from anyone that has had experiences e.g accommodation dive resorts food drinks etc and how you generally found the spot

#1 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by SBE on 11/8/2009 at 19:14

Sorry I missed this post! Almost all the divers I met seemed to be heading to Daniels....seems to be very popular place with a good vibe. Food there is variable by all accounts, sometimes really excellent sometimes not so great. I haven't stayed there, but it looked OK from the outside ...the beach in front is more a mangrove than a beach though.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,019
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by CG on 9/9/2009 at 01:42

What would be the best time of year to visit Sulawesi?

And my gf doesn't dive, is snorkeling there good?

Thanks

#3 CG has been a member since 9/7/2009. Posts: 15

Posted by SBE on 9/9/2009 at 07:14

The snorkelling is fabulous around Bunaken. There are sometimes some very strong currents though.

#4 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,019
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by kukuruza on 3/11/2009 at 20:35

I advise to you to download on the Internet all about food in this country.

#5 kukuruza has been a member since 29/10/2009. Posts: 13
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.