Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

new website about the mountains and volcanoes of Indonesia

Posted by dpquinn on 8/11/2009 at 23:16

Hello there
Myself and a friend are currently putting the finishing touches to a new website which aims to eventually be the best English-language resource for information on hiking/climbing the many mountains/volcanoes across the archipelago. We've listed every peak with 1000metre prominence and plenty more which are smaller but are so interesting they simple could not be left out.
To an extent, the initial success of the site will rely on comments and photos/route descriptions from readers but we also hope that it will be of use to travellers planning hiking trips in Indonesia.
Here it is....

#1 dpquinn has been a member since 8/11/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by legalnomads on 9/11/2009 at 11:32

I've only done Agung and Rinjani, so I am by no means an expert, but I had to write and say: best name ever for an Indo climbing site! I'll send this around on Twitter too - am sure a lot of people will find it useful. Good luck!

Jodi (from Legal Nomads)

#2 legalnomads has been a member since 30/10/2009. Posts: 31
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by pax on 21/12/2009 at 08:39

Nice website, wish it was around during my year in Indonesia.
Though, when you copied the information some parts / terms where not yet translated to English, making it bit more difficult for ones that don't do Bahasa Indonesia.

That appart, great resource, straight into my bookmarks!

#3 pax has been a member since 12/11/2007. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.