Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Camera Shops in Bali

Posted by pythagnz on 8/1/2010 at 05:23

Hi. My friend is en route to Bali and is wondering about buying a camera there. Can anybody recommend any reputable camera shops, especially close to Ubud?

Any other advice about buying cameras in Bali is welcome!

Cheers

#1 pythagnz has been a member since 12/7/2005. Posts: 17

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/1/2010 at 08:14 admin

What sort of camera are you looking for? There is a proper Nikon outlet on Jl Diponegro in Denpasar proper and just up the road from there is Rimo Computer Centre which is a massive computer and IT mall -- that is good for handheld point and shoots. I bought a little Canon Ixus a month or so back at the local supermarket in Sanur -- no problems -- and I'm sure there are similar outlets in Ubud.

Note prices tend to be a little higher than what you might see online.

Also, they tend to come with a local guarantee, meaning if there is a problem once you are back home you're kind of stuck -- so ask about that when you buy it.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,577
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.