Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia additions forum

New visa on arrival rules?

Posted by Sniksah on 15/8/2015 at 10:17

Im traveling to Bali later this month and am aware of new visa rules in affect since June 2015. I'm coming from the U.S., and am scheduled to be in Bali for a week, then Gili Air, then Lombok, and then Bali again for a night before flying home. Am I correct to understand that I will not need a visa on entry now? I will be in Indonesia for 14 days. Flight in, boat to Gili and Lombok, then flight back to Bali for a night before returning home to US. Just curious if I will need one since I'm going to Lombok and back within my trip....

#1 Sniksah has been a member since 12/12/2010. Posts: 5

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by SBE on 15/8/2015 at 15:37

Bali is just one of the 17,000 islands in Indonesia and Lombok is another so you won't be leaving the country.

For some reason the Indonesian govt has decided that foreign tourists can only get free visas if they enter and leave the country from certain ports. Bali International airport is one of the approved ports but Lombok International airport isn't. Sounds like you're planning to enter and leave the country from Bali so you shouldn't have any problem. You would have a problem if you wanted to leave the country from Lombok rather than wasting a day of your vacation travelling back to Bali.

More details here about the silly new visa rules in case you haven't already seen it. https://www.travelfish.org/visas/indonesia

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,055
 Send SBE a private message   Where has SBE been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Sniksah on 15/8/2015 at 18:27

Thank you for the info. We would have much rather planned our departure out of Lombok, but I was concerned from the get go of what you explained in your response. Thank you so much for the link!

#3 Sniksah has been a member since 12/12/2010. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.