Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Luang Prabang - accommodation

Posted by emma066 on 16/3/2010 at 23:23

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay in LP?

Looking for -
Double room
Balcony (not necessity)
Good central location

Budget $25-30

Thanks for your help!

#1 emma066 has been a member since 21/10/2009. Posts: 60

Posted by idreamofdurian on 17/3/2010 at 08:25 TF writer

I was there last month and liked Thatsaphone Villa. It's down a quiet side street from Sisavangvong Road (Night Market street / the main tourist road). It used to be Thatsaphone Guesthouse, but they've upgraded and it's pretty nice -- big rooms in a converted house, garden setting, free WiFi, and I'm pretty sure there were balconies.

I found it just by walking around, and the website on the business card they gave me isn't working... it's not in a super-obvious location, so they weren't full even during the high season when I was there (they quoted me $25 for a room inc. breakfast). This is the number +71 253577

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by Archmichael on 17/3/2010 at 08:46

We stayed at Villa Laodeum one year ago, and I was just in contact with the owner (Sayvanh) a few days ago. Great, low-key place. It's on a side street between Sisavangvong and the Mekong side, and directly across from the Royal Palace museum. It was very quiet there, and the staff is delightful. A wee bit over your range ($30-40, depending upon season - breakfast included), but very nice place.

Here's the website: http://www.villalaodeum.com/
And telephone: +856 (0) 71 255 777

#3 Archmichael has been a member since 23/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 396
 Send Archmichael a private message 

Posted by emma066 on 17/3/2010 at 19:37

Thanks for these. Has anyone else got any suggestions?

Cheers!

#4 emma066 has been a member since 21/10/2009. Posts: 60

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.