Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

ATM'S / VIENTIANE

Posted by MILKDOG on 29/10/2006 at 11:20

Hi,

Just a quick one, are there ATM's in Vientiane? I presume there should be?

Many thanks

Matthew

#1 MILKDOG has been a member since 4/6/2006. Posts: 14

Posted by tommcinnes on 29/10/2006 at 17:25

Posted from within Vietnam.

There is a least one atm in Ventienne. I found it rather problematic as it had a limit on the amount of Kip you could withdraw and then it ran out of maoney!!! I was just unlucky I guess. Every where else it was easy to get cash advances with Visa card, or travels cheques

#2 tommcinnes has been a member since 10/9/2006. Posts: 5

Posted by exacto on 31/10/2006 at 09:57

Hey MILKDOG,

When I was in Vientiane in July, I used the International ATM at the BCEL bank near the river and next to the Lane Xang hotel and had no problem. I've noticed several other people comment since then however that they were not as lucky. I guess I'd consider ATMs in Vientiane to be an option, but I wouldn't want to count on them the way I would in Thailand or Cambodia. Besides, there is an unfortunate 20,000 kip fee for each use. Have cash and traveller's checks as back up and be prepared to get a cash advance on your credit card if need be.

I hope that helps. Cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by paul2007 on 14/11/2006 at 11:21

Hi

There is one near Mekong river side. That is BCEL ........

Paul

#4 paul2007 has been a member since 14/11/2006. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.