Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Nightbus Luang Prabang-Vientiane?

Posted by Jolinde on 24/6/2010 at 05:56

I need to adept our travelschedule to win a day. Are there nightbusses going straight from Luang Prabang to Vientiane? Or can i arrange a private bus (we are with 6) bringing us in 1 night? How long will this trip take us?

#1 Jolinde has been a member since 22/6/2010. Posts: 10
 Twitter 

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/6/2010 at 11:50 admin

Transport info for LP is here. Trip takes 6-7 hours.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,566
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by wanderingcat on 24/6/2010 at 14:08

yup there are overnight buses between VTE & LPB.
best to get to Ban Naluang bus station in LPB an hour before departure to secure a decent seat.
ordinary bus has taken me 13 hours (~12 hours in daytime).
private vehicles like cars & 4WDs can cram the journey into 9 hours speeding all the way. VIP buses can cram it in 10 hours with crazy driving if there are no breakdowns.

the highway has no lighting for most part, & few crash barriers. personally prefer not to risk my 9 lives with that sort of driving (& cos am short/small enough to fly out of my seat every time they speed around the sharpest bends), so have always opted for the slower journey esp when doing it overnight.

P.S. somtam, maybe sth needs to be checked for the LPB transport info page? both LPB-VTE & LPB-Vang Vieng journey times are listed as the same 6-7 hours...(14-16 hours for LPB-Phongsaly is extremely optimistic too :P)

#3 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.