Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Overnight Stop between LP an Vientaine

Posted by teamika on 3/11/2010 at 06:00

I will be traveling from LP to Vientaine in February. I would like to break up the bus ride somewhere other than VV. Any suggestions? I just need a quiet bit of scenery and not much else. Or somewhere within reasonable hike/bike of VV? Thanks

#1 teamika has been a member since 3/11/2010. Posts: 9

Posted by wanderingcat on 3/11/2010 at 08:17

in the LPB > VTE direction:

1. Phou Khoun
a few basic GHs (cold water scoop/bucket shower) in town, one nicer more expensive GH a few KMs south in Ban Bangkalo.

2. Bor Nam Oun - see here:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1848909

3. Kasi
a few GHs.

somewhere between #1 & #2, there's Phiengfa restaurant at a spot with great view of the scenery on clear days.

#2 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Posted by Rufus on 3/11/2010 at 11:54

There is not really much in any of those places. I would stay in Vang Vieng.

#3 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 973

Posted by exacto on 3/11/2010 at 22:03

that's really interesting, since i don't think Rufus is VV's biggest fan!

why not just press on and go all the way to Vientiane? it is only a few hours more. book one of those big, fluffy VIP buses out of LP. the trip will be quicker and more comfy.

if you do stop off at one of the places mentioned by wanderingcat, will you please write up something about it? i'd love to hear about the experience. cheers.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,657
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by teamika on 3/11/2010 at 22:31

Thanks so much, some good leads here. I have time to break up the ride so I might as well find some new place. I will absolutely post about it when I get back.

#5 teamika has been a member since 3/11/2010. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.