Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Camera shop in Vientiane

Posted by bails87 on 6/11/2010 at 22:50

I'll cut to the chase: I got drunk and I lost my camera! :(

However, I'm going toVientiane tomorrow morning, is there a decent choice of electronics shops? Or a 'main' mall or something like that to go to, because I'd like to get a replacement as soon as possible. I'm guessing it's not going to be like the choice I'd have in Bangkok, but it'll have to do.

Thanks in advance,
Bails

#1 bails87 has been a member since 1/3/2010. Posts: 23

Posted by Rufus on 7/11/2010 at 08:19

I would suggest 2 places.
1) In The Morning Market Mall, on the ground floor, just before you get to all the phone shops, there is a place that has a good variety of cameras, genuine, not fake. As you walk to the phone shops, it is on the right hand side.
2) K Plaza in Dong Palan is a very large electrical goods shop. They also sell cameras.

#2 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 976
 Send Rufus a private message 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 9/11/2010 at 10:23

Near the Namphou (fountain) at the bottom of Pankham road look for the bright green Fuji place next door to Phimphone market. Good selection of digital cameras in there with decent pocketsize starting around 1million kip.

photo of it here

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Posted by bails87 on 9/11/2010 at 10:53

Thanks guys, I ended up going to one just on the other side of Lane Xan from K Plaza, wasn't any cheaper than it would have been at home, but K Plaza was the same, the market didn't have any of the ones I wanted and the Fujifilm place was shut.

Cheers,
Bails

#4 bails87 has been a member since 1/3/2010. Posts: 23

Posted by Rufus on 9/11/2010 at 12:04

Well at least you got your camera.

#5 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 976
 Send Rufus a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.