Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

How to book accommodation in Nong Khiaw in advance?

Posted by itadakimasu on 13/11/2010 at 09:08

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has managed to arrange accommodation in advance of arriving in Nong Khiaw? Most of the guesthouses recommended here do not have websites, nor can they be found with booking agents. Nong Kiau does but they are booked out on the day I'm going to be there. Do most people just arrive at Nong Khiaw then find a guesthouse? I'm interested in the Sunset Guesthouse so if anyone has their e-mail that would be hugely helpful :)

Also, if you have been there recently, is it still the case that going from Luang Prabang to Nong Khiaw, going there by bus then coming back by boat, is less time consuming than the other way around?

Many thanks for your help!

#1 itadakimasu has been a member since 11/11/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 13/11/2010 at 15:06

Check listings here https://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/laos/northern_laos/luang_prabang/nong_kiaow/all

When I've arrived late in the day every room and bungalow with a river view was already taken. The key seems to be getting there are early in the day as possible. There's a 9am bus from Luang Prabang northern bus station to NK which takes 4 hours.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Posted by macnbabba on 11/12/2011 at 00:44

Ita,
If it helps we found most hotels can speak enough english/ french to be
able to take a phone booking so if you can get the phone no.
Mike

#3 macnbabba has been a member since 24/3/2011. Posts: 2
 Send macnbabba a private message 

Posted by Pjotra on 27/12/2011 at 05:46

To all: it s certainly not necessary to book acc. In advance, there is a lot of it, starting from 5€ till 44€ a night.

#4 Pjotra has been a member since 17/7/2009. Posts: 39

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.