Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Laos Explore Travel Eco-tourism

Posted by junkyjester on 28/11/2010 at 05:45

Has anyone taken either of the following treks with this company?

1) Akha Trek (2 Days) Akha Experience in Vieng Phoukha

2) 2 Days Trekking Nam Ha-Namdaet Mai

Just wondering if either one is better or if I should be looking at a different company that offers a similar package but better experience. My wife and I are going to be in Luang Nam Tha December 17-20, 2010. Thank you.

#1 junkyjester has been a member since 28/11/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by somsai on 3/12/2010 at 19:47

I haven't but thought I'd chime in anyway.

A lot depends on which guide you get and your fellow trekkers.

Akha Experience was established as a collaboration between a very reputable tour company, the ecotourism folks in Laos, and the local (resettled) Akha community. I'm not sure if this is the company you are talking about. In Vieng Phoukha there has been a long established trekking company of some other name. A lot of these companies will book your trekk for another company as they are all kind of working together. I don't think the company in Vieng Phouka has the facilities to accept Visa payments, so a lot of booking goes through Green Discovery or maybe Exotismo (Akha Experience)

I like the area around Vieng Phouka a lot. I'd just go with whatever seems good to you and hope for the best.

#2 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 568
 Send somsai a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.