Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Luang Prabang to Hanoi

Posted by guernseydan on 20/5/2011 at 14:31

Is it easy to do overland!

i'd like to bus it and save on the flight but cant find to much info!

#1 guernseydan has been a member since 26/12/2010. Posts: 52

Posted by MADMAC on 20/5/2011 at 16:09

I think you need to define "easy". It's eay to buy the ticket, it's easy to get on the bus, assuming no visa issues, it's easy to cross the border - it just takes forever on a crowded, uncomfortable vehicle.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by tf_geckozy on 21/5/2011 at 07:10

*LPB to Vinh by direct bus operated twice a week crossing Nam Kan/Nam Can border + Vinh to Ha Noi by train or bus operated daily ----at least one overnight in the direct bus. Please check recent time table at LPB southern bus station.

*LPB to Sam Neua by local bus(daily)+Sam Neua to Thanh Hoa by direct bus(daily & not daily) crossing Nam Xoi/Na Meo border+ Thanh Hoa to Ha Noi by train or express/local bus ---one overnight at Sam Neua. Direct bus leave SN around 08:00am and arrive TH around 17:30-18:00pm and you can reach to Ha Noi around 22:00pm if you wish.

*LPB to Udomxai by local bus from LPB northern bus station + Udomxai to Muang Khua by local bus + Muang Khua to Dien Bien Phu by direct bus (daily) crossing Pang Hoak/ Tay Trang border + DBP to Ha Noi by local bus or night Vip bus(sleeper) ----2 overnights at MK and DBP(or one overnight at MK if you take a sleeper from DBP to Ha Noi)

No VOA for entering into VN at Tay Trang / Na Meo / Nam Can borders.

#3 tf_geckozy has been a member since 2/9/2008. Posts: 82

Posted by guernseydan on 21/5/2011 at 15:12

Thanks very Much

gives me something to thinkabout

#4 guernseydan has been a member since 26/12/2010. Posts: 52

Posted by schmuly on 1/7/2011 at 10:21

guernseydan how did you go on this?

#5 schmuly has been a member since 26/6/2011. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.