Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Eloping in Laos?

Posted by sofiainswe on 16/6/2011 at 00:02

My boyfriend and I are taking a trip to south east Asia next year and we have been thinking about having a wedding ceremony whilst in Laos. We just want to have an extremely simple ceremony for the two of us and exchange some rings, once we return we plan on going to the courthouse in our country and "officially" getting married, but we really want a small ceremony in Laos.
How would one go about this, is it something you could just ask about at a hotel or guesthouse and have them arrange someone to hold a short ceremony or? Any tips and advice would be very appreciated!

#1 sofiainswe has been a member since 13/6/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by Rufus on 19/6/2011 at 06:22

What I would do is to ask your hotel to arrange a Barsi ceremony for you. I think this is exactly what you would want; it is a tradtional Lao blessing for important occassions, eg births, deaths, weddings, long trips etc etc. It will not be expensive.

#2 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 976
 Send Rufus a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.