Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Flooding in Laos

Posted by frasmc on 7/10/2011 at 04:28

Does anyone know if the heavy rains in the region have caused any serious flooding in Laos as in surrounding countries? If the situation in Thailand is a bother when I get there next week I am planning to fly to Pakse, but don't want my time on Si Phan Don to be ruined by torrential downpours or everything being underwater.

#1 frasmc has been a member since 28/11/2005. Posts: 29
 Send frasmc a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by Rufus on 7/10/2011 at 08:29

There have been serious cases of flooding in various parts of Lao.

#2 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 976
 Send Rufus a private message 

Posted by annifrid23 on 8/10/2011 at 17:37

Do you know where and to what extent the flooding has been in Laos? I am planning on getting there sometime next week and visiting Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Plain of Jars/Phonsavan, Luang Prabang, and Phongsali.

I have also heard that flooding has not been just an issue but landslides as well. Any information on this is much appreciated. Cheers!

#3 annifrid23 has been a member since 14/9/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by annifrid23 on 8/10/2011 at 17:37

Do you know where and to what extent the flooding has been in Laos? I am planning on getting there sometime next week and visiting Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Plain of Jars/Phonsavan, Luang Prabang, and Phongsali.

I have also heard that flooding has not been just an issue but landslides as well. Any information on this is much appreciated. Cheers!

#4 annifrid23 has been a member since 14/9/2011. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.