Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Huay Xi to Phongsali

Posted by teamika on 26/10/2011 at 04:39

Hey Folks

Heading back to Laos after falling in love with the place this winter.
Last time I did the slow boat to LP, hung out in the mountains north of VV and then exited through Vientiene.

I have a month and a friend in Hanoi. I am currently thinking about heading into Laos at Huay Xi and then overland wandering to Muang Khu, up the Nam Ou to Phongsali and then back down to the roads and East into Vietnam.

The other option would be to fly into LP from Thailand and then head North. I have done the slow boat on the Mekong and don't need to do it again this trip, although it was pretty fun.

Any suggestions very much appreciated. I am SO excited to be heading back.

#1 teamika has been a member since 3/11/2010. Posts: 9

Posted by teamika on 28/10/2011 at 05:55

I have got a pretty good idea of getting to Muang Khua , up to Phongsali and back down.

My specific question is this: Where should I get a visa for crossing into Viet Nam and has anyone taken the bus overland from Muang Khua to Hanoi ?

I have the option of heading South from Muang Khua or going on to Hanoi and flying back to Bangkok.

#2 teamika has been a member since 3/11/2010. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.