Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

siam sun tour company

Posted by stevehoberg on 27/11/2011 at 19:28

Has anyone been on a tour with Siam Sun Tour company? They have a tour from Luang Prabang to Muang Ngoi and Nong Kiau that I am interested in but can find no info or reviews if the company. Any other tour companies that are recommended? Thanks!!

#1 stevehoberg has been a member since 27/11/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by altmtl on 27/11/2011 at 19:40

I don't know where you are now, but I suggest you shop around for tours when you each Luang Prabang, as opposed to booking online which will be more expensive in general, also having no reviews is not a good sign.

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by stevehoberg on 27/11/2011 at 19:50

We won't be there until the end of January but I was thinking it would be best to arrange it all ahead of time. We will be on a bit of a tight schedule when we arrive but we wanted to try and see some of the countryside and not just stay in LP

#3 stevehoberg has been a member since 27/11/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by wanderingcat on 27/11/2011 at 20:26

could DIY - there is reliable public transport (road) between LPB & Nong Khiaw, & at least one boat per day between Nong Khiaw & Muang Ngoi Neua. that boat usually departs for MNN only after the first bus/minivan of the day arrives in NK (that's their main source of passengers). & the bus/minivan departs for LPB only after the first (sometimes only) boat of the day reaches NK from MNN.

or could contact Tiger Trails - but i've never used them before, only walked past their office in Nong Khiaw & they seem to be one of the more established companies, so far not seen any complaints about them on travel forums:

if you're planning to stay at Nong Kiau Riverside bungalows in Nong Khiaw, perhaps they could arrange something for you or recommend a company.

#4 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Send wanderingcat a private message   Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.