Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Muay Thai/Laos in Luang Prabang

Posted by esternrodriguez on 11/2/2012 at 12:13

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Guys,
Im going to be living in Luang Prabang for two months and I was really hoping to begin training muay thai/laos during my stay. Do any of you know of any muay thai/laos gyms in the area? Ive looked a lot online but have yet to find any.
Thanks so much,

#1 esternrodriguez has been a member since 11/2/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by wanderingcat on 29/2/2012 at 00:54

perhaps try asking the locals in Luang Prabang, & maybe around the local stadium/sports grounds. in Thailand people like policemen, songthaew drivers & whoever else fits the profile of the main audience (bettors) tend to be the ones who know about the local sanaam muay & khaai muay. a clue - based on the (very scant) profiles of the nak muay at the national level competition in Vientiane, seems like quite a few of them come from the military.

#2 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Send wanderingcat a private message   Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Posted by captainbkk on 1/3/2012 at 01:49

if you really think these things are online on the www-you have no idea at all how Laos works. I highly doubt if there are in fact ''formal'' offerings-it is a matter of asking around and making a deal with a local. Start in your guesthse.

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by MADMAC on 1/3/2012 at 04:58

"you have no idea at all how Laos works."

Laos works?

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.