Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Air Quality in Laos/Gibbon Experience

Posted by harmonydavid on 2/4/2012 at 00:13

I've been reading about how terrible the air quality is in Northern Thailand and am wondering if conditions are the same in Northern Laos. I'm planning to do the Gibbon Experience in Bokeo in mid-April but if the pollution is as bad as I'm hearing, I'm thinking I should change my plans.

Anybody have current information about the air quaility?

#1 harmonydavid has been a member since 24/3/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by Captain_Bob on 6/4/2012 at 02:44

Been getting a few light showers recently and the air quality is definitely improving but don't count on clear blue skies. The worst every year is usually mid-Feb to end of March but haze can linger until we get a couple good solid rains. It's very hot so take it easy drink loads of water. Bear in mind mid-April (12-16th) is Laos New Year so very busy holiday period and many people either on the move or celebrating (throwing buckets of water).

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Posted by Captain_Bob on 9/4/2012 at 08:29

Just an update we've been getting some good heavy rain the past few days for about an hour at a time then clearing up. Air quality is resultingly very good now. Nice to see some blue sky again.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Posted by rohbot on 9/4/2012 at 10:56

I did the Gibbon Experience last week and the air quality was fine. It was a little misty in the morning, but then again waking up in a treehouse in the middle of the jungle 40m off the ground was a little special.

#4 rohbot has been a member since 9/4/2012. Location: Australia. Posts: 1
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.