Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Traveling aug 2013 for 5-6 weeks

Posted by Hughesy297 on 24/4/2012 at 08:34

Hi
I'm looking at going travelling with my girlfriend in aug 2013 for 5-6 weeks. We would be flying in Bangkok and would like to finish off in Phuket as we have family there. We have no preference as to which way we go, but would like to see as much of Thailand, Cambodia and Laos, even some off vietnam if possible. We would also like to attend one of the full moon parties. I would be greatful if anybody could sudgest routes to take, places to see/visit and the best activities to do? We have no plan as yet so all replies will be usefull. Thanks

#1 Hughesy297 has been a member since 24/4/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by chinarocks on 24/4/2012 at 10:45

This should go well.

Cut Vietnam - three countries would be the absolute max in 6 weeks.

Tell us your interests and perhaps somebody can elaborate.

#2 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 740

Posted by busylizzy on 24/4/2012 at 15:10

I'd suggest cutting it down even further to two countries. But if you want 3, it would make more sense to cut Vietnam for several reasons (distance, vastness, logisitics, etc), But I guess it depends on what route you end up with.

Check out the itinerary planners here: https://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/
and start to get a feel for the area and see what grabs your interest, then mix and match the different planners to suit.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by Hughesy297 on 24/4/2012 at 16:12

Hi
We don't mind cutting Vietnam out of the trip. We are both easy going, as long as we can get some partying in along with some sightseen. The tubing in Laos is something we wold like do. Being around the beach is not essential as we will be finising our trip off in Phuket. Thanks for the replys so far.

#4 Hughesy297 has been a member since 24/4/2012. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.