Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Nakhon Phanom - Thakhek - Nahin in one afternoon/evening

Posted by kuanzai on 10/5/2012 at 23:54

Hi everyone,

It's been 4 years last I did Laos. And now I decide to revisit the beautiful Laos.

I have a bold travelling to make during the day I touched down to Nakhon Phanom . I will like to take to Thakhek, then to Ban Nahin with public transport (or any pre arrange tour if I can get any). My arrival time to Nakhon Phanom is 1pm. Is this possible at all? I plan to do Konglor Cave the next day after overnight at Nahin.

And the date will be 20 May. Is this time still possible to enjoy the cave or the rain will mess this up a lot?

Thanks for reading and hope anyone ever do this can provide some insight. Thanks.

#1 kuanzai has been a member since 29/11/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by MADMAC on 12/5/2012 at 04:31

I'm pretty sure you could at least get to Tha Khek, but the question is why? Are you in a hurry here?

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by captainbkk on 18/5/2012 at 09:36

1.there is now the latest new bridge there-but you have to take an infrequent shuttlebus as pedestrian to cross.
2.I think that in NP the airport is quite far out of town and no regular transp available-unless since AA flies there, this has changed.
3.generally in Laos the few buses/what runs as public for transport on minor routes tend to dry up soon after lunchtime. have no idea where that nahin is located relative to TK.

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by MADMAC on 18/5/2012 at 23:15

When the aircraft lands of course you get the obligatory Tuk Tuk guys hanging out... but yes, your other points are worth noting.

NKP is actually one of my favorite towns out here and well worth spending a couple of days there. It got a poor write up here in Travelfish (with the postage stamp sized Thakek being strangely described as "more interesting") but it's not a bad place at all.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.